John Cleary is a professional photographer and has taken my professional headshots a number of times. I never feel comfortable in front of the camera, but I understand why it’s important to have a professional representation of yourself on your website and on your business. This week’s episode dives into what you need to know about getting your own professional shots taken.
The RSS feed is here.
- [0:55] Who is John and what does he do?
- [1:45] What’s the biggest complaint clients have, especially women, about photographing themselves?
- [4:00] John doesn’t know why women and young girls are insecure about their own photos. Maybe it’s due to the media and the retouch up of every photo.
- [4:35] John had a client burst into tears because she was so nervous about having her photos taken. How did he calm her down?
- [8:55] What makes a good photo?
- [13:35] What are some of the benefits of having a professional photo taken of you?
- [15:10] Professional headshots do not need to be boring.
- [17:45] What tips does John have for people about to go into their first photoshoot?
- [21:40] Once clients have these great photos, where should they go to use them?
- [24:35] How can someone choose a great photographer?
- [28:20] Look for photographers who specialize in personal branding. That specialized eye is really worth it for your business.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.